Domain

Submit your reviews of James Herbert's books here.

REVIEWS ONLY PLEASE - NO DISCUSSIONS.

Domain

Postby Tina » 17 Sep 2006, 12:21

Reviews of James Herberts Domain
Tina
Site Admin

Domain

Postby Tina » 18 Sep 2006, 12:55

"I have been reading horror fiction since I was 15 or so. Starting just after seeing Stephen King's "Carrie" at the cinema, by the time I was in my 20's I had "outgrown" the "scare yourself silly" reading matter. Until my father suggested I borrow his copy of Creed - once read I was hooked.

I managed to get a copy of The Lair next and couldn't put it down till it was finished, and then went in search of Domain, missing The Rats since none of the book shops had a copy. I finally managed to find one at the second hand shop. Now I have an almost complete collection - for the second time - after lending a copy to a friend who then moved away.

This is the best trilogy I have ever read, and apart from buying the new ones as they are released I re-read them over and over."

Rating: *****
Submitted by Karen - October 2001
Tina
Site Admin

Domain

Postby Tina » 28 Sep 2006, 03:55

Nice wrap up of the Rats Trilogy. Love how Mr Herbert left us hanging at the end. Could there be a 4th book someday?!?! This one takes place at my guess about 1/2 dozen years after the last one. This time man is weakened because of a limited nuclear war. The characters you either love or hate them. It was one of those books where I felt for each of my favorite characters and wonder how they are doing now (at least those who survived). You get totally drawn into the story, by the end I wanted to stamp out the vile existence of Rats everywhere. Be viligant against these hordes of despicable creatures my friends

Rating: ****
Submitted by Richard Sharp - May 2003
Tina
Site Admin

Return to Book Reviews