The Ghosts of Sleath

Submit your reviews of James Herbert's books here.

REVIEWS ONLY PLEASE - NO DISCUSSIONS.

The Ghosts of Sleath

Postby Tina » 17 Sep 2006, 12:24

Reviews of James Herberts The Ghosts of Sleath
Tina
Site Admin

The Ghosts of Sleath

Postby Tina » 21 Sep 2006, 02:43

"This is the second book by James Herbert that I had read, the first being Haunted. I have to say that The Ghosts of Sleath, is very gripping so much so that even when the kids call me, I cannot put it down.

You can feel the sickness and feeling of the character, Irishman Seamus Phelan, as he goes through the history of the Lockwood family. You can imagine yourself in Sleath, and can feel the fear. A gripping and intriguing story."

Rating: *****
Submitted by Michelle Wade - July 2001
Tina
Site Admin

The Ghosts of Sleath

Postby Tina » 21 Sep 2006, 02:44

"I loved your book. Or at least all but the last two chapters. My book was stolen from work before I could read the last 2 chapters. Yes I know, I'm a lucky guy huh? But the way you wrote it was wonderful. The story and the suspence was very captivating, and I enjoyed what I read very much. I hope to read more of your work."

Rating: Not Given
Submitted by Joseph W Kelley - August 2001
Tina
Site Admin

The Ghosts of Sleath

Postby Tina » 28 Sep 2006, 03:14

well done James yet another amazing book. that's the lot i have read now so please keep them coming!!! Sepulchre still has to be at the top of my list of fav's mind blowing!!!!!

Submitted by Sally - March 2003
Tina
Site Admin

The Ghosts of Sleath

Postby Tina » 28 Sep 2006, 03:22

this was the first james herbert book i read now im an addict. you'll read it in a couple of days because you wont be able to put it down.FANTASTIC!

Submitted by Lynette - March 2003
Tina
Site Admin

Postby Starchild » 29 Sep 2006, 06:05

My partner bought this copy at a train station book stand, i started reading the first chapter over his shoulder, I could not wait for him to finish the book so whilst on holiday when ever he wasnt reading it i was. What a feat, but what a book, had me gripped all the way , dont remember much about the first coupla days of that holiday tho lol. James at his best.
Starchild

Return to Book Reviews