The Survivor

Submit your reviews of James Herbert's books here.

REVIEWS ONLY PLEASE - NO DISCUSSIONS.

The Survivor

Postby Tina » 17 Sep 2006, 12:19

Reviews of James Herberts The Survivor
Tina
Site Admin

The Survivor

Postby Tina » 18 Sep 2006, 12:47

"Not being very literary orientated, my usual reading tends to come from the newspaper, but I have always been a horror fan. A neighbour of mine, who is a diverse reader of fictional novels asked me to take a look at a book he owned called 'The Survivor' and all I can say is WOW!. As soon as I read the first chapter I was hooked, my usual problem with novels is that I do not tend to have a very good imagination, but I have found to my pleasure that James Herbert gives such a deep and vivid description in this book (especially the chapter regarding the courting couple in the old mini) I actually found myself engrossly involved in this book, and at one point actually panicking. As a previous reviewer said earlier, I didn't want to put it down till I had finished it, which meant even sitting up reading till gone 2am in the morning, I am now gaining a new pastime, and it's all thanks to James Herbert."

Rating: *****
Submitted by L Chapman - October 2001
Tina
Site Admin

Postby jennyb » 19 Sep 2006, 02:29

wow indeed! my all time favourite JH book, I can read it again and again I love it so much....and I am lucky enough to have a signed copy!!

I love how the book takes you on Kellers emotional journey as the only survivor of a plane crash, and as I have said before I never saw the twist coming...would I today after every film you watch has a twist in it,? I dunno but even if I did it wouldn't spoil what is an amazing book!!
jennyb

The Survivor

Postby Tina » 28 Sep 2006, 03:41

There are few books which can be re-read over a period of 10 years, The Survivor is one of these books that can be re-read. A new horror develops each time the reader casts his eyes over the horrific and macabre descriptions of physical and mental hauntings. In a twist to the plot that only now Hollywood is coming to grips with, Herbert takes us on a Gothic ride involving a devistating plane crash, the posession of individuals in Eton, such a quiet and close to home/reality place. Once again we become intimiate with all of the characters invloved in this story, a specialty of Herberts, then we are given graphic and horrific descriptions of their haunting, posessions and subsequent slayings.
I still check before i walk into dark rooms, listeing to the sounds, searching for stiffled chuckles, and checking the temperature !!!!
This book is guaranteed to make you think, what does Herbert know that we don't.....

Rating: *****
Submitted by Richard Williams - April 2003
Tina
Site Admin

Postby British » 06 Jun 2010, 08:02

I can't wait to read it!
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.
—Unknown Author
British

Re: The Survivor

Postby lurch95 » 24 Jan 2012, 15:01

this book was brilliant loved every single momment of it
there were some parts in the book that really did creep me out like the part in the bedroom and the wonman had killed her husband
i loved the main charecter all the way until the end ... this book has a fantastic twist at the end all i can say is wow. you have to read this book ... i could read it again and again :D :dropjaw: :clap:
rating *****
lurch95

Re: The Survivor

Postby pakerjon » 09 Feb 2013, 10:46

It is my all time favorite book.. this book is really awesome..
:clap: :cheers:
paker
pakerjon

Return to Book Reviews